Saturday, August 31, 2013

Don Troiani's Regiments & Uniforms of the Civil War

I am beginning a collection of American Civil War figures in 28mm. I have a few texts already, however I just bought a copy of Don Troiani's "Regiments & Uniforms of the Civil War" for it's amazing illustrations of uniforms of the American Civil War. I recommend it strongly to anyone interested in the period. Troiani is a great artist and he does his research thoroughly. I feel very confidant using this volume as a major reference.


4 comments:

  1. I'll definitely check this out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg

    I don't think you will regret it. Great images of most of the Zouaves and Chasseurs as well as many other units. A great book for reference and also coffee table quality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's an excellent book. I've not come across anything to rival it really. He's done another great book "Dom Troiani's Civil War" which, although there's a little duplication in illustrations (minimal), it's full of background information on units, personalities and engagements. A good complement to "Regiments & Uniforms".

    ISBN: 081170341X (Hardback) 0811727157 (Paperback)

    Both are available on Amazon US

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Gary. I was wondering how much overlap there might be. I also have
    "The Soldier's View: The Civil War Art of Keith Rocco" another nice volume in a different style.

    ReplyDelete