Saturday, August 10, 2013

2ème Régiment de Dragons


The 2ème Régiment de Dragons served in the 11ème Division de Cavalerie - 1ère Brigade under colonel PLANZEAUX in the Waterloo Campaign. At the battle they deployed in 4 squadrons with  593 effectives. Their origin derives from the Dragons du Roi (1er Dragons) of the ancien régime.

The figures are once again Perry plastics painted for me by Leuthen Studios. You may notice that the Colonel figure is a Foundry senior dragoon officer casting. I used this because I wanted the Colonel to have the large white plume of his rank.



2ème Régiment de Dragons

2ème Régiment de Dragons


1ère escadron, 1ère compagnie d’élite

1ère escadron, 1ère compagnie d’élite

1ère escadron, 1ère compagnie d’élite

1ère escadron, 1ère compagnie d’élite

1ère escadron, 1ère compagnie d’élite

1ère escadron, 1ère compagnie d’élite

colonel PLANZEAUX


Trompette

colonel PLANZEAUX

Line company

Line company

Line company

Line company
I think these figures are...OK. I'm very happy with the painting, particularly the Dragoon Green of the uniform coat and the colours used for the horses. I'm not so pleased with the models this time as I was with the plastic Perry French Hussars. The dragoons look a bit small for medium/heavy cavalry. When set up alongside Perry's magnificent metal Cuirassiers (coming up) you will see they look quite diminutive. This is true of the other Perry plastic heavies, the Cuirassier/Carabinier box. I wish Perry would release dragoons in metal compatible with their Cuirassiers. I'd say these are fine for wargames, not good enough for my collection. They might be "For Sale". Let me know if you are interested.